All works are automatically copyrighted to the author. By submitting articles, poems, stories and the like, the writers agree to the Creative Commons license listed at the bottom of the Muslim Writers Society web site, unless the author states otherwise on the submission form.
Unless you are given special notice of compensation, we are not able to pay our writers for any works published here. As a “guest writer”, however, you are allowed two links in the bio section of your work. These links may be to any site or affiliate program you wish, as long as it is within Islamic and legal parameters.
Please include a bio paragraph at the bottom of any work. You may include as much or as little information as you want. You are not required to use your real name, but you must use a unique name or nickname for yourself.
You may use the “contact us” form to submit queries only. Please do not paste your submissions into the tiny submission box. Only tell us that you are interested. If your email address if valid, we will respond to your query with details for submission.
After your first submission, we may ask you to become a regular author, after which you will be able to post your work directly to our site’s backend. We will still edit your work before publishing.
Details for Submission
1. You must be the sole author (or co-author with permission) of any work you submit, except for translations. In this case the translation, you must be the translator and have permission (or license, including Public Domain) to use the work.
2. All submitted works should be written in the English language. If Arabic words are used, there should be at least one instance of translation. In this way, the reader will understand the meaning.
3. Any strong opinions must be in the form of op/eds (opinion editorials).
4. No use of Jargon.
5. Single spaced.
6. Clear paragraphs, with no indents. One space between each paragraph.
7. Spelling and grammar must be correct.
7. Any quotations should be referenced in the ‘Endnotes’ section at the bottom of the submitted page. They should be listed in the order of occurrence. Inline citations are also accepted. Please follow an established style guide. It does not matter which one you choose as long as you stick to it.
1. Poetry may either be in a specified form or free form.
2. Each stanza should be clearly separated.
3. Only the first stanza of the poem should be posted in the “intro” box.
1. No actual persons (living or deceased) should be used in fiction stories without the consent of those individuals.